Improve care and safety while saving money
Some Trusts still use written records and charts. By working more smartly and removing the need for written records and charts, more time can be spent with patients, administration tasks are streamlined.
With eObservations, nurses no longer need to record observations on paper charts nor manually calculate early warning scores (NEWS).
Records can be created, accessed and updated at the point of care on a tablet, laptop or smartphone which reduces clinical risk through misinterpretation of hand-written records
Developed with nurses & fully accredited
We developed the eObservation module with our customers to meet the needs of today’s digital NHS. It is clinically verified and is approved and accredited as a Class 1 medical device by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).
Lets nurses stay with patients
A key benefit of capturing observations digitally is that nurses don’t need to return to their station to re-key information.
Observations and vital signs are stored immediately on the patient’s clinical record on the Rio EPR system, so upto-date information is always available at the point of care. This also makes it easier to prioritise patients in terms of their risk, accommodate their conditions and ensure they get the right treatments at the right time.
Enables patient-focused care
The module’s ward view enables nurses and managers to quickly get a clear overview of patients in their care and keep track of their conditions. Tasks are produced automatically to ensure staff know what each patient needs, and it allows them to allocate patients to clinicians.
If a patient’s needs escalate, eObservations notifies senior personnel with a link to the observation. There’s no need to find or decipher handwritten notes – all the information is provided clearly so staff can take immediate action.
Servelec’s latest technology mobilising Somerset’s community health workforce
"The system is very easy to use and clinical staff have quickly adapted to the change in recording practices using iPads" Helen Mattock, Clinical Systems Lead at Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.> Read more
Key benefits of eObservations
- Reduce costs and improve efficiencies
- Provide better, safer, patient-centred care
- Quickly access up-to-date patient information and auditable records in real time
- Increase patient safety by easily identifying and escalating the treatment of those at risk
- Achieve your paperless ambitions
- Deliver patient-centred care
- Stay at the bedside while entering observation details on a portable device
- Access up-to-date patient information at the point of care
- Keep track of patients with notifications and a view of the ward
- Improved care and outcomes
- Additional complications are prevented
- Better service
If you would like to discover how eObservations could help your clinical teams spend more time with patients, contact us today.