The personalisation agenda recognises the importance of individuality and a person’s right to exercise choice in their care.
Virtual Wallet provides an efficient and effective way to make direct payments to providers and manage short break grants, eradicating many of the challenges common with voucher, pre-payment card or direct payment schemes. Streamlining processes, minimising administrative costs and providing an easy to use and traceable payment solution, Virtual Wallet enables local authorities to meet their Care Act duties whilst delivering a better service.
Individuals or carers are allocated a virtual sum of money within their own Virtual Wallet. They can use this to buy services and book activities online via the diverse eMarketplace, a powerful catalogue management system and a closed-loop e-commerce engine integrated with several PCI-compliant payment solutions.
With eMarketplace, an individual or carer can search a range of products or services and the software manages the end-to-end purchasing process, from initial enquiries through to booking and payment, with the cost deducted from their virtual wallet. Multiple purchasing routes are available such as buy-it now, quotes, classified ads, re-orders and repeat service booking.
Unlike other marketplace solutions, as well as one-off product purchases, eMarketplace also helps users order and pay for recurring services easily and efficiently. Service users or carers are then able to see, book and pay for the total cost of service in a single transaction. This makes the process incredibly easy for both the carer as well as the local authority, as payments are processed directly to the provider. This also enables individuals to continue to have choice and control over commissioned care, without the hassle of having to make payments themselves.
For local authorities
- Eradicates cumbersome processes and reduces administration costs
- eMarketplace enables a new relationship between people, professionals and providers
- Full audit trail and rich reporting on spend, outcomes and market provision
- Automated claw back for underspend ensures all funding is used effectively and any underspend can be repurposed
- Better service and better outcomes for carers
- Fully scalable with flexible options for managing providers and the services they offer
- Reduces back office processes by integrating with the Mosaic case management system
- Shapes and stimulates the care and support market through its transparent approach
For service users
- Gives people the flexibility to browse through and purchase available products and services
- Ability to view local information and advice throughout the directory and have the choice and control over their own care
- Funding can only be spent on activities benefiting individual’s or carer’s wellbeing
- Hassle-free management of payments to providers
- Fully transactional, open and searchable, helping users compare and buy products and services
- Includes costed support planning tools and enables easier personal budget management
- Lists products and services, filtered or sorted to suit the needs of the service user and to ensure information can be easily understood
- Includes user, CQC and Care Opinion ratings to increase transparency and provide more comprehensive information about providers, products and services
- Includes access to a forum supporting peer-to-peer connections for discussion, conversations and comparisons
- Providers receive efficient payments from Virtual Wallet, benefiting their cash flow and ensuring they can concentrate on delivering high-quality services
- Reduces administration costs through the end-to-end system for managing orders and taking payments online
- Can be used as an online shop or can integrate with an existing website
- Hassle-free onboarding service for providers with a built-in provider demo and training
- Helps providers communicate directly with end users, simplify the buying process and provide high quality customer service