How does the Health Integration Exchange work?
Mosaic provides a range of interfaces to third party Shared Care Record (SCR) software products, which are typically implemented by regional NHS organisations to enable a holistic view of a patient across all settings.
This means that health records are brought together into a single system that pulls data from multiple sources and displayed in Mosaic. Mosaic can also provide a view of the patient’s record to external users via the SCR platform which can be customised to include any data related to the patient in Mosaic.
Anyone’s shared records can easily be viewed and, depending on the level of access granted, updated with documentation following a new health assessment by the practitioner.
Role based security features can be enabled and help maintain data security and privacy by restricting access to records, so that only those practitioners who require access to certain records are given permission.
Servelec's drive to deliver truly integrated care
Neil Laycock, Managing Director of Servelec’s healthcare business, is once again shaping the industry’s interoperability agenda. With aspirations to make Servelec the most interoperable vendor in the market, we caught up with Neil to discuss his initial months with the company.> Read article
Key benefits of Servelec's Mosaic Health Viewer
For a Local Authority
Local Authorities are expected to adhere to the government agenda to improve services and drive efficiencies but are also under constant budget restraints.
Servelec’s solution allows the Local Authority to:
- Deliver against government policy and manage administrative and care functions more effectively
- Integrate social and health records effectively
- Reduce time-consuming manual processes and human error
- Improve service user’s experience by delivering holistic care through an integrated system
Benefits to the social care practitioner
To provide the best, most rounded care, carers need to be able to gather health data from additional sources, such as GP and hospital records. This can be time consuming and inefficient, distracting the carer from their core activities.
Servelec’s solution helps the social worker:
- Get easy and accurate access to all health records
- Cut time-consuming manual data input and management processes
- Focus on care rather than administration
- Improve data accuracy and quality, deliver more effective, better decision making
- Use a more holistic view to promotes multi agency working through integration
- Get immediate access to data that would otherwise be unavailable or difficult to obtain
Benefits to the citizen
The cases and records that belong to a citizen are distributed across a number of different systems. They are often not integrated, and their case may be made up of a combination of electronic and paper records. This means it is difficult for carers to have a holistic view, and the effectiveness of care can suffer.
Servelec’s solution helps the citizen:
- By allowing carers to deliver more consistent, effective holistic care
- By providing a more complete, accurate picture with multiple agency access
- Be identified through the individual health index number across health and social care services
- Feel reassurance with increased confidence in the ‘system’
To find out how Servelec's Mosaic Health Viewer can give you controlled access to accurate and up-to-date information from a variety of health records, contact us today.