Technical Services Consultant
Servelec has a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Services Consultant to come and join our busy Norwich office.
Job reference: ED.TEC.22052019-1
What will you be doing?
- We are looking for an experienced and motivated self-starter to join the Children’s Technical Services team. Based in the Norwich office, some travel will be required to meet with customers and understand their requirements and deliver outcomes.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that customers receive the highest level of service in the delivery of technical services to existing and new customers, primarily in the Children’s Services sector but also secondarily in Adult Social Care. The role primarily involves desk based activities in the areas of management of the Synergy product suite and the Synergy Cloud/Hosted platform, software installation, upgrade and configuration.
- In addition, you will provide clearly and concisely written supporting technical documentation and be involved in managing calls through a call logging system.
- You will be responsible for defining installation standards, providing chargeable technical consultancy and may be required to supplement the Professional Services team in the delivery of chargeable consultancy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft IIS and Microsoft Office is required along with proven customer service experience and strong communication skills.
- Along with a strong academic record, a background in software implementation, system administration or development will be an advantage. A Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server or Microsoft IIS qualification will also be advantageous.
What will help you succeed in this role?
- SQL Server / DBA / Reporting Services
- Active Directory / Group Policy
- Remote Desktop Services (RemoteApp)
- Windows Server
- Experience in a Children’s Services environment would be an advantage
Servelec Education have been developing and providing client and web based software to the Children's Services sector for the last 25 years. Whilst continuing to expand the customer base, currently standing at around 100 local authorities, the product suite is continually enhanced to meet and exceed the needs of the customer.
In recent years, the business has grown into the Health and most recently Finance sectors, offering an even more diverse product portfolio.
Servelec Education continue to look for talented individuals to recruit into the expanding business and currently have availability within the professional services department.
We offer a great work environment plus a generous package available from day one, including holidays, contributory pension, life insurance, flexible working, professional fees and the cycle to work scheme.
Servelec is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society. We do not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.