Technical Services Consultant
Becoming a Technical Services Consultant with Servelec
We are currently seeking a Technical Services Consultant to join us on a permanent basis, you will focus on desk-based activities, supporting and managing Synergy Education software on Servelec hosted and customer hosted environments.You will be responsible for the Synergy Cloud/Hosted platform supported by the Servelec Hosting Infrastructure Team, Synergy software installation, upgrade management services, configuration and occasional out of hours patching.
What you will do:
- Management of the Synergy hosted platform
- Installation, upgrading and configuration of Synergy suite of software
- Provide Support services to customers on a planned regular basis
- Complete technical documentation to an excellent standard
- Complete database transfers and some scripting services
- Manage calls through a call logging system
- Server upgrades
- Delivering infrastructure health checks and consultancy services
Your experience will include:
- Proven experience of Windows Server (Cloud Hosting for 3rd parties) is essential
- Working knowledge of SQL Server (T-SQL/DBA) is essential
- Good understanding of web-based technologies and server-side applications such as IIS
- A good standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Can produce high quality documentation
- Great level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work to performance metrics and SLA’s (In order to achieve chargeable revenue)
- PowerShell is highly desirable but not essential
We are Servelec, and we believe in using technology to deliver better care.
We provide software across health, social care, education and youth services that makes a positive difference to thousands of lives every day.
We help medical practitioners care for patients by creating technology that saves time, reduces paperwork and minimises risks. Our education solutions help local authorities; schools and other providers support families more effectively. We help social workers by giving them access to all their case management information in one simple online portal. And we create systems that help Youth Services teams improve the way they support vulnerable young people.
Our products help care providers free up time and money so they can concentrate on what they do best: providing better care and delivering better outcomes. We call this Digital Care.
What will you get in return?
Our benefits include a competitive salary, flexible working, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, flexible working hours, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, professional membership fees paid and more!
At Servelec, we do not just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community.
Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply