Are you a Technical Author looking for a new challenge in a business providing solutions to the NHS?
Who are we?
Servelec are passionate about improving lives. Like many of our customers, we want to feel that our work makes a positive difference. We are one of the UK’s leading Healthcare, Social Care and Education IT suppliers, providing meaningful solutions that are a critical part of delivering real and lasting change within the NHS and Local Government.
What will you be doing?
Servelec Healthcare is looking for a skilled professional to develop and maintain high-quality customer facing product documentation covering our healthcare product suite. The role will include working with internal stakeholders including development managers, software engineers and clinical specialists to produce product documentation.
It is expected that the successful candidate will also be capable of supporting the Sales and Marketing teams in producing content to support sales campaigns and customer engagement workshops. Communication skills are paramount; both with the sales team, customers and development teams.
What will we trust you to do;
- Authoring and maintaining product documentation including user guides, training materials, system administration materials, technical environment specifications, release notes and other product related materials
- Interpreting technical functional specifications and translating content into customer facing language. Authoring and maintain content to support sales, marketing campaigns and customer engagement workshops
- Liaising with teams across the business to understanding the technology and products for which documentation is required
- Developing new and customising existing documentation for specific customers
- To provide guidance and support to others within the business who are involved in producing documentation including, functional design specifications, test specification and implementation guides to ensure all materials follow a consistent approach and use consistent terminology and language
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Experience as a technical author
- Writing for audiences with a wide range of technical knowledge
- Development of a wide range of documentation, which must include system administration guides, user guides and training materials
- Experience of working to deadlines with a proven track record of delivering
- Knowledge of healthcare system requirements in particular PAS and EPR systems - Desirable Working in a software development environment
- Either a graduate or holding a recognized qualification as a technical author
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Ability to prioritise and self-manage
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong customer focus
- Accurate, dynamic and tenacious
- Confident and proactive with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Willingness to engage directly with customers
- Good presentation skills
If this sounds like you then apply today!
What will you get in return?
A great office to work in, great people to work with as well as a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, childcare vouchers and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply