Would you like to work as part of a team involved in varied projects supporting products that really make a difference to peoples’ lives? Join us and become part of an exciting, forward thinking software company that makes a positive difference to thousands of lives every day.
Job reference: SC.SQL.23052019-1
At Servelec we’re united in our approach – we’re Together for Digital Care. The products, projects and implementations you’ll work on will make a huge difference in the health, social care, education and youth services sectors. As part of a supportive team you’ll find we care about giving you the backing to develop a long and successful career with us.
What will you be doing?
- Working as part of the Projects Team to deliver SQL products in accordance with agreed specifications and within timescales
- Develop SQL solutions in accordance with agreed specifications. Outputs to include: SQL interfaces, Data Quality Scripts, Reports and other bespoke SQL work required to deliver projects
- Develop responsive and scalable RDBMS applications and components, ensuring a good user experience
- Work closely with other developers, testers and product owners
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of software engineering discipline, processes and methodologies
- Code and test everything in the database layer required to support specific functionality
- Take responsibility for learning new skills as necessary to follow up issues, maintaining an up to date knowledge of latest database technologies
- Take an active role in all stages of the process including analysis, design, estimation, implementation and unit testing following internal quality standards
- Work with developers and managers to ensure that future development is done in a way consistent with Business Requirements
- Adhere to company policy and procedures including those on confidentiality, equal opportunities, health & safety and information security
What will help you succeed in this role?
- University degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant computing subject
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments with frequent releases
- Proficiency writing database applications from top to bottom
- Oracle PL/SQL or SQL Server T-SQL
- Writing database functions and stored procedures
- Tuning both SQL and stored procedures
- Version control - svn, git or similar
- Experience Providing 2nd/3rd level support
- Experience of writing technical documentation
It would be great if you could do any of these, but its not essential;
- Table functions
- Dynamic SQL
- OLTP or OLAP
- Schema design
- Entity/Relationship modelling tools
- Understanding of advanced schema objects eg. Materialized Views, virtual/computed columns
- Basic DBA skills
- Exposure to virtualised development and testing environments
- Understanding and interest of the latest database technologies
- An understanding of the public sector digital landscape, particularly, but not exclusively, data security and web service standards in relation to the Health and Social Care sector
What personal skills will help you?
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Ability to prioritise and self-manage
- Willing to travel
- Strong customer focus
- Accurate, dynamic and tenacious
- Confident and pro-active with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Willingness to engage directly with customers
What will you get in return?
We offer a great work environment plus a generous package available from day one, including holidays, contributory pension, life insurance, flexible working, professional fees and the cycle to work scheme. This is a homebased role with extensive travel.
Servelec is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society. We do not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.