SQL Database Administrator
Job reference: SC.DBA.14052019-1
Are you someone who has a genuine passion for software in the digital age?
Do you currently feel you are either in a company that offers no support or progression, or you are in a job that has no relevance to your passion for technology?
If so, this could be what you have been looking for.
Would you like to work as part of a team involved in working with our products that really make a difference to peoples’ lives? Join us and become part of an exciting, forward thinking software company that makes a positive difference to thousands of lives every day.
At Servelec we’re united in our approach – we’re Together for Digital Care. The products and projects you’ll work on will make a huge difference in the health, social care, education and youth services sectors. As part of a supportive team you’ll find we care about giving you the backing to develop a long and successful career with us.
What will you be doing?
You will be part of a critical team delivering excellent technical services to customers who have purchased Hosted and Managed Services. The role will cover both project and business as usual work.
The main focus of the role of SQL Database Administrator is to complete database and application server work in accordance with agreed priorities and customer SLA’s. This role is a “hands on” role and some out of hours and regular on call work will be required.
You will have experience in database administration of SQL. You will have experience of administering enterprise systems and a solid understanding of Microsoft Operating systems.
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Good interpersonal skills including strong verbal and written communication
- Strong problem-solving skills with methodical and logical thinking
- Positive and enthusiastic approach
- Strong team ethic
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good time management and administrative skills
- Experience SQL Server Database (2008 onwards) installation, administration, and performance tuning
- Oracle Application Server (OAS 10.1.3), WebLogic 11g, 12C and Apache would be beneficial, but not essential
- Cross platform admin skills including scripting (Linux – desirable but not essential)
- Experience with database backups, restores and DR
- Database server performance monitoring and analysis
- Remote and very occasional on-site support
- Promoting the development of best practices and updating of internal documentation
- Owning, tracking and resolving incidents and service requests
- Reviewing service related reports (database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a rota basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLA’s
- Responding to database related issues\escalations and working with development teams to identify solutions to recurring problems
- University degree or equivalent experience
What will you get in return?
You will be offered an environment where you can thrive, develop and progress. This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a role with a well-respected UK company, if you would like to share in our ongoing success, apply with your CV for immediate consideration.
Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply