Software Tester - Maternity Cover 6 Months
Would you like to work as part of a team involved in a Tester role for our software that really make a difference to peoples’ lives? Join us and become part of an exciting, forward thinking software company that makes a positive difference to thousands of lives every day.
Job Reference: SC.MAT.15042019-1
At Servelec we’re united in our approach – we’re Together for Digital Care. The products and projects you’ll work on will make a huge difference in the health, social care, education and youth services sectors. As part of a supportive team you’ll find we care about giving you the backing to develop a long and successful career with us.
You will be part of a successful development team expected to work as an integral member contributing to all aspects of the software lifecycle; specification and planning, QA of our software and help drive the release/regression phase.
What will we entrust you to do?
- To be responsible for carrying out functional and user acceptance testing to ensure that high quality standards are achieved at all times for all software releases
- Improve team communication through timely feedback of issues and the early raising of concerns. Working with team members to troubleshoot any problems with systems under test and ensuring that all relevant personnel are kept informed of progress
- To provide feedback to the development team and ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and the quality requirements
- To provide estimates and feedback to the project management team for scheduling purposes
- Contribute to and help maintain the quality procedures. Ensuring that testing best practices are adhered to, continually reviewed and improvements sought. Familiarity with defect investigation and isolation and the importance of reliable means of defect reproduction
- To be involved in planning sessions, contributing to the acceptance criteria on each project, to ensure that all planned work is correctly scoped and consistent with existing functionality
What will help you succeed in this role?
- ISEB Foundation Level or equivalent qualification
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes and Manual Testing
- Proven experience of testing complex user interfaces and Web based applications
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work
- Experience in SQL and database testing
- Bright, pro-active, able to investigate and recommend new tools and approaches
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Experience/capable of working with remote team members
- Ability to manage own priority and self-manage.
Who are we?
Servelec are passionate about improving lives. Like many of our customers, we want to feel that our work makes a positive difference. We are one of the UK’s leading Healthcare, Social Care and Education IT suppliers, providing meaningful solutions that are a critical part of delivering real and lasting change within the NHS and Local Government.
We offer a great work environment plus a generous package available from day one, including holidays, contributory pension, life insurance, flexible working, professional fees and the cycle to work scheme.
Servelec is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society. We do not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.Apply