Software Engineer - Live Service
We are looking for a number of Software Engineers and Developers for our Live Services team.
Job reference: HC.LSD.08022019-2
At Servelec we’re united in our approach – we’re Together for Digital Care. The products, projects and marketing strategies you’ll work on will make a huge difference in the health, social care, education and youth services sectors. As part of a supportive team you’ll find we care about giving you the backing to develop a long and successful career with us.
What will you be doing?
- Designing and developing healthcare software products from concept to customer delivery.
- You will take full ownership in implementing work packets across a range of clinical applications using industry standard methodologies and tools.
- Working in a team to investigate and resolve software problems using a range of software tools and languages.
- Ability to assess the impact of possible solutions on a wider applications codebase.
- Working in a team to implement development work packets.
- Writing software solutions against a documented design.
- Using provided tools to understand interpret and execute work packets.
- Deliver, track and report on progress against defined and agreed milestones using the available tools.
- Ensure the documented development processes are followed and adhered to.
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Working with enterprise scale software products in a fast paced environment.
- Evidence of a robust approach to problem solving and investigation.
- Evidence of ability to manage and track escalations and exceptions to core work streams.
- Evidence of effective planning of a team wide workload utilising a methodology for prioritisation and scheduling.
- Evidence of excellent communication skills with stakeholders in both written and verbal communication.
Demonstrable experience in:
- Web Toolkits such as ASP.Net (MVC / Web Forms), Angular.
- Mark-up Languages such as HTML, XML, XSLT.
- Database skills in SQL Server.
- Version Control Tools such as SVN, GIT, Hg.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and responsible work ethic in order to achieve objectives.
- Ability to take ownership of workload.
- Comfortable working in a team environment.
Who are we?
Servelec are passionate about improving lives. Like many of our customers, we want to feel that our work makes a positive difference. We are one of the UK’s leading Healthcare, Social Care and Education IT suppliers, providing meaningful solutions that are a critical part of delivering real and lasting change within the NHS and Local Government.
If this sounds like you then apply today!
What will you get in return?
A great office to work in, great people to work with as well as a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, professional fees and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply