Software Development Manager
Are you a software development manager looking for your next move?
Job Reference: ED.DEVM.01042019-1
Who are we?
Servelec are passionate about improving lives. Like many of our customers, we want to feel that our work makes a positive difference. We are one of the UK’s leading Healthcare, Social Care and Education IT suppliers, providing meaningful solutions that are a critical part of delivering real and lasting change within the NHS and Local Government.
What will you be doing?
- Managing the software development activities across a number of Education products to make ready for release
- Managing a team of software engineers and ensuring that the products developed are of high quality and are delivered on time
- You will report directly to the Chief Strategy Officer
- Day to day management of software developers/engineers
- Supporting accurate estimation and planning
- Internal progress reporting, including controlling high level budgets
- Managing branching and release versions with associated toolsets
- Liaising with Product Management, Project and Service teams to co-ordinate deliverables and joint activities
- Allocation of appropriate engineering resource to identified activities
What you will need to be successful in this role?
- Managing software development activities and software engineers working on projects of all sizes
- Software engineering experience and technical understanding of software design, programming and implementation in web based environment
- Understanding software development methodologies and selecting the most appropriate, e.g. waterfall, Agile etc
- Understanding some of the following technologies:-
- ASP 3.0
- ASP.NET (C#)
- SQL Server
- XML / XSLT
- Commercial awareness, in particular demonstrating a good understanding of the challenges of delivering on time and within budget
- Awareness of common formal processes applicable in a development environment with the ability to tailor to any circumstance
What are you like?
- Pragmatic, flexible and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Able to manage and communicate effectively with staff at all levels
- Able to prioritise and manage work and deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic in order to achieve objectives
- Proactive and willingness to take ownership
If this sounds like you then apply today!
Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply