Software Development Academy Lead
Are you an IT trainer, lecturer, teacher looking for a new challenge?
Reference #: HC.ACL.02112018
Salary Range: TBC
What are we looking for?
Servelec requires a dedicated and committed individual who relishes the challenge of developing groups of trainees into the software industry and helping them to achieve their goal of becoming a software developer.
This is a new role for Servelec and therefore the you must be a self-starter who will be pivotal in the definition and shaping of the role and even the training programme itself. This is a genuine ‘greenfield’ opportunity so you will have high levels of influence over the shape and direction of the Academy.
What do we want you to do?
To define and deliver extensive programmes of training to groups of up to 12 trainees selected to join the Academy programmes. This role will also be heavily involved in the selection process of trainees onto the programme.
On the completion of the programme the selected trainees will be fully trained in the relevant programming language and be able to join software development teams across Servelec.
What will help you succeed in this role?
- University degree in a relevant IT subject
- Significant experience in enterprise software development & implementation (substituted by work in teaching or lecturing)
- Significant experience of database applications and design utilising SQL Server or Oracle (substituted by work in teaching or lecturing)
- Experience of coaching and mentoring colleagues in a technical setting
- Understanding of various software development methodologies, such as Agile, Waterfall & Scrum
- Understanding of software design methodologies such as Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Object-Oriented Design (OOD)
- Comprehensive understanding of complex web development applications in a commercial setting
- PGCE or equivalent would be advantageous but not essential.
- Have a strong desire to develop a set of non-programmers into competent software engineers capable of working in a software development organisation
- Technically minded with a good understanding of broader technology subjects (hardware, networks etc.)
- Ability to plan and deliver training courses and activities using exercises and other tools (to be identified)
- Be patient, helpful and understanding with the ability to deal with both work related and non-work-related issues
- Be assertive and comfortable in offering feedback both positive and negative
- Ability to prioritise and manage several activities at once
- Organised and diligent and able to keep detailed records of achievement and report on progress to the senior team
- Continually assessing and developing course content and requirements when required.
What will you get in return?
Competitive Basic Salary subject to the successful candidate’s know-how, skills and expertise. We offer a great work environment plus a generous package available from day one, including 25 days’ holiday + 8 Bank Holidays, contributory pension, life insurance, flexible working, cycle to work scheme and more.
Servelec is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society. We do not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.Apply