Becoming a Software Developer with Servelec
We are currently seeking experienced Software Developers with strong C#, ASP.NET, SQL skills along with a solid development background to enhance the Servelec Synergy Suite.
In this varied role you will assist with the design, development, maintenance and support of software as required. Other responsibilities include analysis, design, writing of specifications and documentation, developing testing scripts and procedures, writing and maintaining source code and customer support.
You will be passionate about working in an exciting team, adaptable to “change” and strive for continuous improvement. It is important that they have worked in a high-energy team previously and are comfortable with working in an Agile environment.
What you will do:
- Support and enhance existing Servelec desktop and web-based Education systems.
- Ensure development is delivered on time, budget and to agreed business requirements.
- Shape, estimate and deliver work assignments.
- Ensure estimates incorporate all development activities (QA, SCM, CI etc.).
- Work to existing software configuration management procedures, compliance and service level agreements.
- Provide technical input for projects throughout the development lifecycle.
- Produce design, functional and support documents as required.
- Provide all aspects of ongoing support for all business systems - Identifying and fixing reported software defects.
- Keen advocate of best practice and support for procedures and processes.
- Ensure code is written to the best practice and standards set out in the development guidelines.
- Understands the need for standards and seeks to promote them.
- Take a proactive approach to product quality and work is of the highest quality, taking a 'right first time' approach.
- Ensure functionality is tested rigorously before leaving the development environment.
- Responsible for ensuring unit tests are being created, maintained and reviewed as described in the development guidelines.
- Actively participate in functional and non-functional testing.
- Develop and maintain expertise in core components, systems and development technologies pertinent to the job role.
- Maintain a culture of continuous improvement (kaizen) both individually and with software development.
Your Experience will include:
- Strong technical background, Analytical, with the ability to apply themselves to a wide range of problems, some of them in legacy systems with complex histories
- Multi skilled developer with wide-ranging interests in the tools and techniques of modern software systems development.
- Knowledge and experience of Continuous integration, testing and deployment tools such as Jenkins, MSBuild, Octopus Deploy, Selenium, SonarQube and Docker.
- Proven history in developing systems using the entire Microsoft .NET platform using Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 onwards.
- Experience of developing high availability, scalable, robust and secure enterprise applications using the Microsoft Stack.
- Knowledge of design concepts, patterns, best practices and principles of object-oriented design (e.g. SOLID, GRASP).
- Commercial experience using C#, ASP.NET, WPF, WIF, WWF and Centura.
- Knowledge and experience of Web services, WCF, Web API and REST.
- Knowledge and experience of relational databases, SQL Server, T-SQL, SSRS, LINQ.
- Knowledge and experience of Test-Driven Development (TDD), NUnit, Unit Testing, Moq, DI and IoC.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile Software Development using Jira, Confluence and qTest.
- Knowledge and experience using Software Configuration Management tools such as BitBucket, GIT.
We are Servelec, and we believe in using technology to deliver better care.
We provide software across health, social care, education and youth services that makes a positive difference to thousands of lives every day.
We help medical practitioners care for patients by creating technology that saves time, reduces paperwork and minimises risks. Our education solutions help local authorities; schools and other providers support families more effectively. We help social workers by giving them access to all their case management information in one simple online portal. And we create systems that help Youth Services teams improve the way they support vulnerable young people.
Our products help care providers free up time and money so they can concentrate on what they do best: providing better care and delivering better outcomes. We call this Digital Care.
What will you get in return?
Our benefits include a competitive salary, flexible working, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, flexible working hours, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, professional membership fees paid and more!
At Servelec, we do not just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community.
Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply