Senior Technical Manager
Are you a technical manager looking for a new challenge?
What we will trust you to do;
At the heart of a growing business function the Senior Technical Manager is a key role within Servelec and is at the heart of our interoperability strategy; offering an excellent opportunity to shape and deliver a growing and vitally important capability throughout our business.
What we will trust you to do;
- Primarily to manage all technical aspects of the Servelec Conexes integration platform, including overall management of the platform API development team. The Conexes platform is independent of any individual company in the group
- Oversee and manage the DevOps activities including build & install processes and related toolsets across Servelec (includes responsibility for a small number of people in each organisation)
- Oversee and manage the Pre-Sales technical activities such as preparation and delivery of sales environments and simulated connected platforms
What will you be doing?
- The effective management of our Conexes integration platform and API development team is a primary focus of this role and will require a tenacious individual capable of managing a small (but growing) team of architects and integration developers. The platform sits at the heart of Servelec’s interoperability strategy and is a vital part of our future approach to systems integration. We are seeing significant growth in this area with a wide range of projects from working with partner organisations to ensure their products can communicate effectively with ours, through to the development and publishing of standard APIs across all product sets.
- A secondary objective is to ensure that we can quickly and effectively build & install our products in areas; supervision of “DevOps” and product technical teams is required to ensure tools are kept up to date, are documented appropriately and can be operated by anyone in the project implementation teams.
- The final element of this role is to ensure that our pre-sales activities are undertaken consistently using toolsets that are easy to operate and to configure. Sales is an area of huge importance across Healthcare, Social Care and Education, and we therefore need to ensure that we have solid, fully working demonstration systems 100% of the time that we demonstrate.
- Ensure that the Conexes integration platform continues to develop and the interoperability team is effectively managed
- Ensure that the team is developing API capabilities in accordance with our roadmap, working closely with the Interoperability Lead to understand and schedule the external demand effectively
- Ensure that the DevOps team (or similar tasked roles) are creating and maintaining effective toolsets such that all software can be built and deployed in a straight forward manner requiring no special skills or “inside knowledge”
- Work with Development Managers (and their teams) within all areas of Servelec on defining software architecture designs
- Work with pre-sales teams to identify effective processes ensuring that all of our products are capable of being demonstrated at all times. This includes ensuring that tools and plans are in place
- Offer advice and guidance to other members of the team, and support them in achieving their goals and objectives
What will help you succeed in this role?
- An excellent understanding of integration protocols, methodologies & practices, e.g. SOAP, REST
- An excellent understanding of web-based development & deployment procedures
- A good working knowledge of systems architecture
- A good working knowledge of hardware design and physical architecture
- Experience of supervision of other technical staff, across a variety of roles
- University degree or equivalent
- Confident and pro-active with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills; spoken and written; able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to supervise and nurture the skills of other team members
- Problem solver with pragmatic approach, identifying effective solutions to problems
- Ability to effectively prioritise own workload and help others manage theirs
- Ability to capture and understand the issues from technical and non-technical staff
- The ability to recognise the commercial impact of decisions on ours and our customers businesses
Who are we?
Servelec are passionate about improving lives. Like many of our customers, we want to feel that our work makes a positive difference. We are one of the UK’s leading Healthcare, Social Care and Education IT suppliers, providing meaningful solutions that are a critical part of delivering real and lasting change within the NHS and Local Government.
If this sounds like you then apply today!
What will you get in return?
A great office to work in, great people to work with as well as a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, professional fees and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.