Senior Support Engineer
We are looking for an Senior Support Engineer to join our busy office.
Job reference: ED.AME.04032018-1
Who are we?
Servelec are passionate about improving lives. Like many of our customers, we want to feel that our work makes a positive difference. We are one of the UK’s leading Healthcare, Social Care and Education IT suppliers, providing meaningful solutions that are a critical part of delivering real and lasting change within the NHS and Local Government.
What will you be doing?
Providing excellent IT Services to Servelec Group and its subsidiaries and hands-on high quality technical assistance, implementation and maintenance on a range of hardware, operating systems and network infrastructure.
What will will trust you to do:
- Resolving internal customer queries and technical issues with in service levels.
- To take ownership of the company internal network and services, troubleshooting, configuration and routine house keeping, including layer 2/3 troubleshooting, device upgrades and replacements.
- Responsible for configuring, installing, managing and maintaining equipment on Servelec Group internal IT infrastructure, in-line with published standards.
- To oversee the allocation of licensing on company machines and to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Support internal servers and services as required by the business.
- Ownership of Internal network security including servers, wireless network and access permissions and the computer room.
- Take ownership of incidents and follow it through to completion even when it moves outside the scope of the support desk and to keep internal customers informed on the status of their calls.
- To ensure regular monitoring (PRTG), house keeping, pro-active checks and investigations of error logs to ensure stable systems.
- To follow ITIL processes.
- Attend site to resolve situations as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Good inter-personal skills and team leadership qualities.
- Customer focused attitude.
- The ability to proactively contribute within a project team working environment.
- Self motivated and ability to work independently.
- Degree in Computing.
- Relevant experience.
- Active Directory.
- DNS / DHCP.
- Licensing/MS partnership.
- Exchange 2010/Office 365.
- Microsoft Lync.
- Server hardware/racking.
- IP addressing.
- A full UK driving license.
If this sounds like you then apply today!
What will you get in return?
A great office to work in, great people to work with as well as a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, professional fees and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply