Senior Support Engineer
Servelec? A gem of a company that not many people have heard of, outside the markets we serve.. Which is a massive shame, because the chances are that you or someone you love will have been positively impacted by our software and leading tech. You just didn’t know it – until now.
Job reference: HSC.SSE.13082019-1
Most also haven’t heard our market leading software is the foundation that allows medical clinicians to spend more time with their patients, driving up standards in our beloved NHS. It streamlines services within our education sector, gives more time to social workers within their communities, and enables youth workers to work their magic with future generations. We have a beneficial impact on the things that matter. It’s down to two things: our people and our technology.
What will you be doing?
- Providing excellent IT Services to Servelec Group and its subsidiaries and hands-on high quality technical assistance, implementation and maintenance on a range of hardware, operating systems and network infrastructure. Senior Support Engineer required to support internal users of the company’s IT systems.
- Responsible for assisting in managing the IT Infrastructure, delivering security upgrades and rollouts, migrations, small projects and business as usual IT Support.
- Deputise for IT Services Manager when not in office, assist in mentoring internal support staff.
What will will trust you to do;
- Assist in mentoring of Internal Support staff.
- Deputise for IT Services Manager, as required.
- Resolving internal customer queries and technical issues with in service levels.
- To take ownership of the company internal network and services, troubleshooting, configuration and routine house keeping, including layer 2/3 troubleshooting, device upgrades and replacements.
- Responsible for configuring, installing, managing and maintaining equipment on Servelec Group internal IT infrastructure, in-line with published standards.
- To oversee the allocation of licensing on company machines and to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Support internal servers and services as required by the business.
- Ownership of Internal network security including servers, wireless network and access permissions and the computer room.
- Take ownership of incidents and follow it through to completion even when it moves outside the scope of the support desk and to keep internal customers informed on the status of their calls.
- To ensure regular monitoring (PRTG), house keeping, pro-active checks and investigations of error logs to ensure stable systems.
- To follow ITIL processes.
- Attend site to resolve situations as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Good inter-personal skills and team leadership qualities.
- Customer focused attitude.
- The ability to proactively contribute within a project team working environment.
- Self motivated and ability to work independently.
- Degree in Computing
- Relevant experience
- Active Directory
- DNS / DHCP
- Licensing/MS partnership
- Exchange 2010/Office 365
- Microsoft Lync
- Server hardware/racking
- IP addressing
- A full UK driving licence
If this sounds like you then apply today!
What will you get in return?
On top of your basic salary and the opportunity to help shape a vibrant, growing business, there’s a company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses and more. Servelec is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society. We do not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.Apply