Are you a Developer looking for a new challenge in a business providing solutions to Local Government?
Who are we?
Servelec are passionate about improving lives. Like many of our customers, we want to feel that our work makes a positive difference. We are one of the UK’s leading Healthcare, Social Care and Education IT suppliers, providing meaningful solutions that are a critical part of delivering real and lasting change within the NHS and Local Government.
What will you be doing?
Assist with the design, development, maintenance, administration and support of software as required. The role will include analysis, design, writing of specifications and documentation, developing testing scripts and procedures.
Translate user requirements into functional specifications and identify appropriate design, architecture and technology, document findings in development plans and/or specifications and provide estimates.
Develop desktop and web based solutions using appropriate development language and tools across all tiers based on user requirements or specifications.
Actively participate in functional and non-functional testing of software products and documentation, automate testing where possible and assist with the development and maintenance of test scripts and databases.
What we will trust you do;
- Production of application software systems to a specification
- Participate in code quality activities such as Unit Testing, Code Review and Implementation Reviews
- Support pre and post sales activity as required; providing advice on feasibility, estimates for work and specifications
- Maintain and expand knowledge of existing and new technologies pertinent to the job role
- Identifying and fixing reported software defects
- Maintain existing application, provide telephone, and where required on-site, support to customers
- Maintain a culture of continuous improvement by evaluating working practices, having code reviews and improving products
- Ensure that work is of the highest quality, taking a 'right first time' approach with reusability in mind
- Attend project meetings to discuss technical requirements Liaise with project manager(s) to ensure that the materials are developed to the correct specification
- Contribute to multidisciplinary discussions and demonstrate products Provide domain expertise to support team when needed/where possible
- Use ASP.NET and other server-side technologies in an object-oriented development style and under version control
- Design of data models and implementation of databases using Microsoft SQL Server to support the functionality required
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Interpretation and review of specifications
- All aspects of software development and associated activities
- Experience in a development role
- Previous experience with UIUX and interest in UI design advantageous
- Good interpersonal skills including strong verbal and writing communication
- Thorough understanding of RDBMS’ (including schema design) TSQL (Stored Procedures, Functions, CTEs etc) and optimising query performance
- Thorough understanding of C#, .NET, ASP.NET, WPF and other MS technologies
- Appreciation and understanding of infrastructure used in software deployment – e.g. IIS, Proxys, Firewall, RDS
- Thorough understanding of performance and security best practice
- Experience of maintaining source code using git and associated techniques – e.g. branching, merging, pull requests etc
- Able to plan and prioritise work with minimal supervision
- Able to analyse requirements and translate those into product specifications and tests
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary environment and be a good team player
- Meticulous attention to detail, accurate and thorough; delivering high quality output to tight deadlines
- Able to work under pressure
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Desire for personal and professional development
- Creative and forward thinking
- Must be a motivated self-starter
- Innovative, Collaborative, Inquisitive, Expert, Adaptable, Accountable, Communicative
- Working knowledge of at least one design methodology and ability to deploy parts of methods appropriately
- A 2:1 undergraduate honours degree in a relevant subject is desirable but not essential
- Vocational certification (e.g. MCSD, MCSE etc) is advantageous
If this sounds like you then apply today!
What will you get in return?
A great office to work in, great people to work with as well as a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, childcare vouchers and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply