Release and Deployment Engineer
Becoming a Release and Deployment Engineer with Servelec
As Release & Deployment Engineer you will be part of a first-class customer-facing service team delivering expert support and deployment solutions. The role will involve the investigation of challenging issues raised during customer user acceptance testing across our market leading product set as well as deploying software releases and changes to customer environments, with a strong emphasis on customer service.
You will have the opportunity to learn our various products and contribute to our continual service improvements by building strong relationships across our business and customer base, making suggestions through experience, as well as having the opportunity to practice and develop your SQL and PowerShell skills by writing and deploying scripts to customer environments. The role will be predominantly standard office hours, although you will be required to provide flexibility where required on a rotation basis to deploy live in line with customer requirements, typically evenings and the occasional weekend.
What you will do:
- Taking ownership of test incidents and managing them in a logical and methodical manner
- Able to demonstrate problem solving techniques for end to end resolution on technical issues
- Ensuring all faults are progressed and cleared within the timeframe of a release window.
- Work with the Release & Deployment lead to plan and implement upgrades. Including responsibilities of deployment plans.
- Database management
- Installation and administration of servers
- Deploying software releases and configuration changes to customer systems.
- Liaising with customers, providing support during upgrade windows.
Your experience will include:
- Database management (SQL /ORACLE) is essential
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft platforms is essential
- Exposure to the basics of SQL, including creating and running queries
- The ability to manage your own work load based on priority
- A good standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Great level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Influencing skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with customers
- Good understanding of web-based technologies and server-side applications such as IIS
- Have experience in deploying software and configuring to meet a customer need.
- Experience of deploying server certificates is highly desirable but not essential as training will be given
We are Servelec, and we believe in using technology to deliver better care.
We provide software across health, social care, education and youth services that makes a positive difference to thousands of lives every day.
We help medical practitioners care for patients by creating technology that saves time, reduces paperwork and minimises risks. Our education solutions help local authorities; schools and other providers support families more effectively. We help social workers by giving them access to all their case management information in one simple online portal. And we create systems that help Youth Services teams improve the way they support vulnerable young people.
Our products help care providers free up time and money so they can concentrate on what they do best: providing better care and delivering better outcomes. We call this Digital Care.
What will you get in return?
Our benefits include a competitive salary, flexible working, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, flexible working hours, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, professional membership fees paid and more!
At Servelec, we do not just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community.
Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply