Project Accountant (Process Improvement)
Becoming a Project Accountant (Process Improvement) with Servelec
We are currently seeking a Project Accountant to join us on an initial 3-month contract basis. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will act as a catalyst for much-needed process modernisation and lead on resolving any current financial processes where failings materially impact on the operational performance of Servelec.
This role is super-numeracy to the current finance team and has been created in order to deal with unplanned surges in work and to create the capacity to initiate lasting change.
What you will do:
- Work with Financial Controller to review current daily activity and regular reporting in Financial Services (Accounts Payable, Payroll, Credit Control, Finance Systems and Banking) to increase our use of Sage 200 and other core Servelec and outsourced provider systems to record transactional activity and provide reporting
- Review and redesign most Financial Services processes to improve compliance, efficiency and visibility by reducing duplication, manual working, use of paper and spreadsheets
- Starts the journey towards exception reporting in Financial Services
- Work with Management Accountants and Head of Finance where time allows to help them automate, standardise and improve current monthly financial reporting processes across Servelec
- Assist the CFO and team with other ad hoc projects as assigned.
Your experience will include
- Superb communication and influencing skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and customers during programmes of change
- Proven ability to analyse data and drive through solutions to both remove issues and problems and prevent recurrence, creating sustainable good practice
- The ability to proactively contribute within a project team working environment
- Experience of integrated accounting systems, preferably Sage 200
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Experience of contract accounting is an advantage
We are Servelec, and we believe in using technology to deliver better care.
We provide software across health, social care, education and youth services that makes a positive difference to thousands of lives every day.
We help medical practitioners care for patients by creating technology that saves time, reduces paperwork and minimises risks. Our education solutions help local authorities; schools and other providers support families more effectively. We help social workers by giving them access to all their case management information in one simple online portal. And we create systems that help Youth Services teams improve the way they support vulnerable young people.
Our products help care providers free up time and money so they can concentrate on what they do best: providing better care and delivering better outcomes. We call this Digital Care. Find out more at www.servelec.co.uk.
What will you get in return?
Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, professional membership fees paid and more!
At Servelec, we do not just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community.
Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply