Principle Software Engineer / Developer
Are you an Developer looking for a new challenge?
What are we looking for?
Someone to lead the technical development of a core product; driving the technical architecture and design to fulfil goals set out by the product team. Leadership of a team of software engineers to work on Healthcare products from concept to delivery. This role combines strong architectural and technical leadership with first line supervisory responsibility.
What will you be doing?
- Technical and architectural responsibility for core software product; driving forward the design and implementation of the product in-line with the core technology stack in unison with the team
- Leadership of a team of developers to support the product requirements and corporate objectives set out by the business; Liaising with Internal stakeholders, interpreting requirements and documenting technical designs in line with process
- Leading the technical implementation of development work packets; managing a team of developers to write software solutions against a documented design
- Be responsible for producing, reviewing and approving detailed impact assessments and estimates for large and complex software implementations
- Ensure process is followed, audited, maintained, and reviewed regularly to ensure relevance and identify jointly with the team efficiency improvements
- Ensure quality of software and identifying continuous improvement initiatives with the team to improve quality.
Using provided tools to define, document and disseminate work packets
- Deliver, track and report on development progress against defined and agreed milestones
- Act as a technical lead and mentor to software engineers
- Identify new technologies from the industry to solve specific problems presented in the team both in our core products and development process. Research and prototype solutions using new technologies and demonstrate these to the organisation
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Web Toolkits such as ASP.Net (MVC / Web Forms), Angular
- Mark-up Languages such as HTML, XML, XSLT
- Database skills in SQL Server
- Version Control Tools such as SVN, GIT, Hg
Who are we?
Servelec are passionate about improving lives. Like many of our customers, we want to feel that our work makes a positive difference. We are one of the UK’s leading Healthcare, Social Care and Education IT suppliers, providing meaningful solutions that are a critical part of delivering real and lasting change within the NHS and Local Government.
What will you get in return?
Competitive Basic Salary subject to the successful candidate’s know-how, skills and expertise. We offer a great work environment plus a generous package available from day one, including 25 days’ holiday + 8 Bank Holidays, contributory pension, life insurance, flexible working, cycle to work scheme and more.
Servelec is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society. We do not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.