Oracle DBA Engineer
Are you an Oracle DBA Engineer looking to make a difference?
Reference #: CO.ASE.23012018-1
Salary Range: Up to £60,000.00
Are you an Oracle DBA Engineer looking to move into a role where you can really make a difference?
Servelec are looking for people to join our dynamic company supporting a leading software product in the NHS and social care arena developed using the latest web and database technologies. This is a great opportunity to make a real difference in the NHS and social care domain, we are genuinely passionate about improving lives. Like many of our customers, we want to feel that our work makes a positive difference.
What will you be doing?
You will be part of a critical team delivering first class technical services to customers who have purchased Hosted and Managed Services. The main focus of the role of Oracle Engineer is to provide expert support and administration to our Oracle Web and Database stacks in accordance with agreed priorities and customer SLA’s.
You will have experience in implementing/supporting/upgrading or administrating Oracle systems (preferably some of which will have been at an enterprise scale) and be keen to take your skills to the next level.
Experience in two or more of the following will help you succeed in this role:
- Oracle Database installation, administration, and performance tuning.
- Supporting Oracle Application Server (OAS 10.1.3), WebLogic 11g, 12C and Apache.
- Database backups, restores and Disaster Recovery.
- Database performance monitoring, analysis and tuning.
- Cross platform admin skills including scripting (Linux - desirable)
- Good grasp of Linux operating systems.
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Industry standard Oracle/Linux or IT related qualifications (achieved or working towards may be considered beneficial)
Personal Skills, Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work as a key member of a team.
- Strong customer focus.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to find creative solutions.
- Accurate, dynamic and tenacious.
- Confident and pro-active with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- This role is a “hands on” role and some out of hours work will be required.
In return you will get
Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, professional fees paid and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply