Oracle Database Administrator
Becoming an Oracle Database Administrator with Servelec
We are currently seeking an experienced Oracle Database Administrator to be part of a critical team delivering excellent technical services to customers who have purchased Hosted and Managed Services. You will complete database server work, in accordance with agreed priorities and customer SLA’s. “hands on” role covering both project and business as usual work.
A flexible approach to work is essential as there will be some out of hours and regular on call work will required on an ad-hoc basis.
What you will do:
- Working as part of the Infrastructure Team delivering hosted and managed services in line with customer agreements and SLA’s.
- Work with the Infrastructure Manager and the rest of the Infrastructure team to ensure that company and customer environments and services are monitored and maintained
- Working with customers to develop appropriate maintenance strategies.
- Performance tuning and diagnostics.
- Upgrading customer databases
- Attend technical meetings, where required, with existing and prospective customers covering items such as hardware specifications, infrastructure design, new installations and technical implementations.
- Adhere to company policy and procedures including those on confidentiality, equal opportunities, health & safety and information security.
- Adhere to Servelec Corelogic ISO policies and procedures.
Your experience will include
- Experience with Oracle Database installation, administration, and performance tuning
- Experience of administering enterprise systems
- A solid understanding of Linux.
- Oracle Application Server (WebLogic 11g, 12C and Apache
- Experience with database backups, restores and DR
- Database server performance monitoring and analysis
- Cross platform admin skills including scripting
- OCP -Oracle certified professional
We are Servelec, and we believe in using technology to deliver better care.
We provide software across health, social care, education and youth services that makes a positive difference to thousands of lives every day.
We help medical practitioners care for patients by creating technology that saves time, reduces paperwork and minimises risks. Our education solutions help local authorities; schools and other providers support families more effectively. We help social workers by giving them access to all their case management information in one simple online portal. And we create systems that help Youth Services teams improve the way they support vulnerable young people.
Our products help care providers free up time and money so they can concentrate on what they do best: providing better care and delivering better outcomes. We call this Digital Care.
What will you get in return?
Our benefits include a competitive salary, flexible working, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, professional membership fees paid and more!
At Servelec, we do not just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community.
Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply