Junior or Graduate Software Developer
We are looking for an Junior or Graduate Developer to join our busy office.
Job Reference: HC.JDS.05042019-1
Who are we?
Servelec are passionate about improving lives. Like many of our customers, we want to feel that our work makes a positive difference. We are one of the UK’s leading Healthcare, Social Care and Education IT suppliers, providing meaningful solutions that are a critical part of delivering real and lasting change within the NHS and Local Government.
What will you be doing?
- Designing and developing healthcare software products from concept to customer delivery
- You will take full ownership in implementing work packets across a range of clinical applications using industry standard methodologies and tools
- Working within small to medium sized teams to design and implement software features on enterprise scale software solutions. You will be working closely with internal stakeholders and managing expectations with Senior and Principle Software Engineers,
- Test teams, and support and maintenance teams
- Contributing towards Continual Service Improvement by pro-actively identifying areas of process and tooling that can be improved
What will we be trusting you to do?
- Functional design phase of new software components; Liaising with Internal stakeholders, interpreting requirements and documenting technical designs in line with process
- Working in a team to implementation development work packets
- Writing software solutions against a documented design
- Using provided tools to understand interpret and execute work packets
- Deliver, track and report on development progress against defined and agreed milestones using the available tools
- Ensure the documented development processes are followed and adhered to
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Working with enterprise scale software products in a fast paced environment
- Evidence of ability to manage and track escalations and exceptions to core work streams
- Evidence of effective planning of a team wide workload utilising a methodology for prioritisation and scheduling
- Evidence of excellent communication skills with stakeholders in both written and verbal communication
- Web Toolkits such as ASP.Net (MVC / Web Forms), Angular
- Mark-up Languages such as HTML, XML, XSLT
- Database skills in SQL Server
- Version Control Tools such as SVN, GIT, Hg
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and responsible work ethic in order to achieve objectives
- Ability to take ownership of workload
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Higher level degree or equivalent
If this sounds like you then apply today!
What will you get in return?
A great office to work in, great people to work with as well as a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, professional fees and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply