We are looking for an Java Developer to join our busy office.
Job reference: SC.RJD.21122018-1
Who are we?
Servelec are passionate about improving lives. Like many of our customers, we want to feel that our work makes a positive difference. We are one of the UK’s leading Healthcare, Social Care and Education IT suppliers, providing meaningful solutions that are a critical part of delivering real and lasting change within the NHS and Local Government.
What will you be doing?
- You be joining a dynamic team developing the leading software product in the social care arena developed using the latest web technologies. It is also a great opportunity to make a difference in the social care domain.
- Developing responsive and scalable web applications with an understanding of how to achieve a good user experience
- Work closely with other developers, testers and product owners demonstrating a sound understanding of software engineering discipline, processes and methodologies
- You should be interested in learning the latest technologies and practices and working out how to apply them to your project. We will allow you to attend relevant seminars or training provided you share what you’ve learnt with your colleagues.
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Good core Java skills
- Experience in Web frameworks e.g. struts, spring MVC or similar
- Experience of using a version control system e.g. Git or similar
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant computing subject
- Experience in database applications e.g. SQL Server, Oracle
Technical Skills - would be great if you knew any of these, but they are not a deal breaker:
- XSL and XSD
- HTML and CSS
- Web Services/RESTful architecture
- Unit testing; mockito, testNG
Personal Skills, Competencies
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Excels in working in a team, collaborates with cross functional teams
- Experience in pairing
- Confident and pro-active with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies in an evolving tech stack
If this sounds like you then apply today!
What will you get in return?
A great office to work in, great people to work with as well as a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, professional fees and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply