Integration Engineer / Specialist
We are looking for a Health integration specialist to join our team based in our busy city centre office.
Job reference: HC.ISE.18022019-1
Who are we?
Servelec are passionate about improving lives. Like many of our customers, we want to feel that our work makes a positive difference. We are one of the UK’s leading Healthcare, Social Care and Education IT suppliers, providing meaningful solutions that are a critical part of delivering real and lasting change within the NHS and Local Government.
What will you be doing?
Within the UK people receive care and support within a range of different organisations and care settings. Often care needs are complex involving multiple organisations, or someone may begin a new episode of care with one organisation having previously had care with another. For example, a person may become known to social services from an incident reported by the police, and that person may have on-going engagement with a mental health provider.
In order for each person to receive the right care from each organisation they are involved with, it is important that systems across all care settings and organisations involved be integrated so a carer or health professional can see important information about the individual they are trying to provide help for.
Nationally, there is a large drive to improve the software and infrastructure to support this, enabling carers in one organisation to access information from other providers as well as from other software systems within their organisation to improve the delivery of care.
Servelec has developed a state-of-the-art cloud based integration service, Conexes, in order to enable us to rapidly provision cost effective integration for customers using our systems across healthcare, social care and education.
Conexes provides connectivity between Servelec products hosted by Servelec or third parties. It provides interfaces for APIs into our core products as well as adapters to transform and customise those interfaces to suit existing third party interface standards.
In order to support this vision, we are recruiting for an experienced integration engineer/specialist to join the team. Working initially within Servelec’s DevOps team you will build your familiarity with the architecture, design and configuration of our Conexes platform in preparation for your leading role in transitioning this across into production support. As the solutions grows your roles and responsibilities will transition too and using the experience gained you will lead on the day-to-day operational support of live solutions and help define what our support model needs to look like as we continue to grow.
This is a really exciting opportunity to come and work for an innovative and rapidly expanding company with market leading products, in a role that will really challenge your thinking.
What we will be trusting you to do
- Work with customer satisfaction at the forefront of your mind and, as such, influence our implementation from design and implementation through to support.
- Input into the design of our monitoring solutions in production environments to ensure that the right alerts/thresholds are defined and fine-tuned appropriately.
- Ensure that the correct technical/functional documentation is in place to ensure the wider support team are able to support systems effectively.
- Ensure that the first line technical support teams are fully trained as appropriate.
- Lead the 2nd line integration support function, through the application of technical knowledge, to resolve integration issues fully.
- Ensure that integration support is provided in accordance with our ISO2000 (ITIL) procedures.
- Ensure that integration support is provided in accordance with our ISO27001 (Information Security) procedures.
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Ability to take ownership of issues and drive forwards.
- A technical background in integrating different software solutions using:
- Web API Standards including SOAP, REST, XML and JSON.
- SQL Server
- Healthcare Integration Platforms (e.g. Mirth/NextGen Connect, Intersystem Ensemble)
- Systems administration knowledge of:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Mirth/NextGen Connect
- A customer focused approach placing customer satisfaction at the centre of everything we do.
- Experience working with enterprise scale software products in a fast paced environment.
- Solid understanding of IT operations, from design and development, through to testing and application support.
- Being able to identify and elaborate on opportunities for process improvements.
- Excellent verbal communication skills both on a one-to-one and group setting with stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent written skills and ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to all audiences.
- Experience of mentoring & skills transfer.
- A positive attitude to achieving role specific, and wider company objectives.
- A flexible and responsible work ethic in order to achieve objectives.
We offer a great work environment plus a generous package available from day one, including holidays, contributory pension, life insurance, flexible working, professional fees and the cycle to work scheme.
Servelec is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society. We do not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.Apply