Infrastructure / Implementation Engineer
We are looking for an Infrastructure / Implementation Engineer to join our busy city centre team.
Job reference: GR.IFE.21092018-1
Servelec is one brand, one team, working together to offer end to end Digital Care by providing 24/7 hosting software solutions (SaaS) for Healthcare, Social Care and Education software.
Servelec are looking for a talented individual to work within the Hosting team, to assist with the design, installation and maintenance of the Servelec private cloud. You will be required to install, configure and maintain physical and virtual servers to operate in a highly available environment. Candidates should illustrate an awareness of techniques that can be used to support Disaster Recovery and be able to demonstrate competence with TCP networking. Candidates will be expected to Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols. As part of the role you must be comfortable speaking to customers and have very good written and oral communication skills.
Applicants for this role should have the following;
- Configuring systems for high availability including clustering technologies within Microsoft Windows Server and VMWare vSphere
- Network architecture and the TCP/IP network stack with the ability to diagnose issues through routed networks and firewalls
- Experience with server hardware, SAN’s and the Windows Server OS
- Virtualisation technologies specifically VMWare vSphere 6.0 and above
- Backup and restore technologies such as Veeam, BackupExec or Quest Rapid Recovery
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Previous hardware diagnostic and installation experience with enterprise level servers
- Ability to work in an environment with evolving requirements and dynamic schedules
- Ability to work under pressure and remain decisive
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Good understanding of VMWare vSphere 6.0 or above
- Good understanding of Windows Server (2012 R2 and 2016) including;
- Active Directory Domain Services
- Group Policy Management
- Network Services and Teaming
- Windows Failover Clustering
- Experience with enterprise level SANs such as Dell EMC or Compellent
- Experience with TCP/IP network stack including;
- Switch configuration with VLAN’s, Link Aggregation and IP Routing
- Firewall configuration including access rules, Network Address Translation (NAT) and Port Address Translation (PAT)
- Network diagnostics techniques
Previous Experience with any of the following would be beneficial;
- Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database Server
- Microsoft IIS
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Cisco or Dell switches, traditional stacks or Virtual Link Trunking (VLT)
- Fibre Channel fabrics, Brocade FC switch experience preferable
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Cisco Firewalls and VPN configuration
- VMWare NSX
- VMWare SRM
- Network Load Balancing (NLB), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) or Policy Based Routing (PBR)
- Executing vulnerability scans using Nessus
- Implementing server hardening policies aligned to industry best practises for Windows server operating systems
- Monitoring technologies i.e. Nagios, PRTG, Observium
This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a role within a dynamic team delivering a critical component of service delivery. Hosting is an expanding area of the business that requires talented engineers. Successful candidates will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package. If you would like to share in our ongoing success, apply with your CV for immediate consideration.
Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.