We are looking for an Implementation Engineer to join our busy office
Reference #: HC.IMR.07112018-1
Salary Range: Up to £32,000
Who are we?
Servelec are passionate about improving lives. Like many of our customers, we want to feel that our work makes a positive difference. We are one of the UK’s leading Healthcare, Social Care and Education IT suppliers, providing meaningful solutions that are a critical part of delivering real and lasting change within the NHS and Local Government.
We are looking for an Implementation Engineer / Deployment Specialist with a proven track record in successfully delivering enterprise level projects to join our existing delivery teams based at our Sheffield office.
In this role you will be part of an expert team responsible for the delivery of our industry leading healthcare information systems.
We are looking for someone to take a ‘hands-on’ lead technical role, working closely with both the Project Manager and the Customer to ensure that all technical aspects are completed on time and within budget. On smaller projects you could also be managing the project plan and undertaking all day to day project activities.
What will you be doing?
- You will be a key player in the delivery of complex and/or large implementations to the customer in a timely and cost effective manner
- You will be responsible for installing and configuring our proven solutions from our Sheffield office
- Liaising with the customer, providing support for their project testing
- Performing the initial triage of any issues raised during implementation
- Liaising with other internal departments to facilitate the resolution and application of fixes to customer environments
- Driving process improvements
- Updating and maintaining documentation
What technical skills will you need to be successful in this role?
- Excellent technical problem solving techniques
- Possess a strong background in MS SQL Server
- Confident in hand writing SQL queries to read and manipulate data
- Able to utilise SQL Server Profiler to investigate issues
- Confident handling databases (backups, restores, scheduled jobs etc.)
- Good understanding of web based technologies and server side architecture (IIS)
- Experience of working on Windows servers whilst carrying out investigations
- Experience of reviewing and analysing log files to resolve issues
- Confident using analysis tools such as Fiddler and Wireshark
- Basic understanding of Internet protocols, switches, firewalls and routers
- Aware of application and infrastructure security standards
- Experience interfacing within clinical applications
Exposure to the below could help give your application a slight edge, but are by no means essential.
- Experience of using integration engines
- Experience of working with SSL/TLS certificates
- Experience of setting up and working within VPNs
- HL7 Messaging
Personal traits that would help you succeed in this role:
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Confident working to defined objectives and deadlines
- An ability to take ownership
- Excellent customer facing skills, with a strong customer focus
- That you are an articulate and positive person with excellent communication skills both in writing and verbally
- That you are proactive, flexible and responsible
- A willingness to travel for customer site visits
SC clearance will be required as you may be working with service user identifiable data from customer sites.
What's in it for you?
Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply