HR Shared Services Advisor
Becoming an HR Shared Services Advisor with Servelec
We are currently seeking an experienced HR Shared Services Advisor on an initial 6 months FTC to join a newly formed HR Shared Services team based out of our office in Sheffield.
Reporting into the HR Shared Services Centre Manager, you will act as the HR first point of contact advising managers on all HR related matters and support the People Services team with the delivery and completion of all HR administrative tasks including contracts and benefits and maintaining the HR Information System (Cascade)
You will provide advice, guidance, administrative support and coaching on policies and Employee Relations matters that cover the full employment life cycle.
This role will support all locations across the Servelec business and occasional travel may be required.
What you will do:
- You will be a key point of contact for leaders across the business to obtain guidance on a wide range of Employee Relations topics, commonly including disciplinary, capability, absence and potentially grievance matters.
- Work closely with the HR shared services manager to support the implementation of the people plan and all related project and activities.
- HR administrative tasks for the complete employee life cycle
- Act as the link between HR and UK Payroll to ensure all changes for payroll are accurately communicated in a timely manner
- Coordinate all new hires, providing support to managers for effective introduction of new hires to the business and ensuring they are set up on the appropriate benefits schemes, pensions, systems etc.
- Maintenance of data in the HR Information System and employee files, ensuring accuracy and input of all changes in a timely manner.
- Participate in projects and on-going initiatives to raise levels of employee engagement, making recommendations for new initiatives and continuous improvement of existing programs and processes.
- Act as HR Representative in disciplinary, grievance, absence management, performance matters as assigned, providing support and guidance to line managers and escalating complex issues to the Head of HR.
- Coach Managers in applying employee related policies, processes, tools and measures.
- Provision of Payroll and HR information system reports as required.
- Support the coordination of the performance review process and monitor it for completion and effectiveness, recommending and potentially delivering instructional training to managers and staff as required.
- Provide monthly reports and data as required
Your experience will include
- Proven experience of developing HR policies and internal procedures
- Proven experience of Employee Relations and Employment Law within a commercial environment
- Proven experience of building processes that drive efficiencies and service improvement
- Comfortable with designing and delivering HR workshops for hiring managers such as Performance/absence/misconduct
- The confidence to manage a caseload of grievance / disciplinaries and a willingness to own investigations
- Experience of advising and coaching line managers and employees on HR practices
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage own caseload of work
- Up to date knowledge of Employee Relations, Employment Law and HR best practice
- High degree of confidentiality and integrity, with the ability to act as a trusted advisor to all employees and managers
- Be organised and meticulous in your approach to work
- Good communicator and comfortable engaging with people across our locations in a variety of different situations
- Have a positive, can do attitude – actively seeks opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Cultural fluency - actively seeks to understand cultural differences and sensitivities
- Confident with all Microsoft packages, social media and exposure to HR Information systems (Cascade would be highly advantageous)
- Knowledge of organisational development is highly desirable
- CIPD Qualification is essential
We are Servelec, and we believe in using technology to deliver better care.
We provide software across health, social care, education and youth services that makes a positive difference to thousands of lives every day.
We help medical practitioners care for patients by creating technology that saves time, reduces paperwork and minimises risks. Our education solutions help local authorities; schools and other providers support families more effectively. We help social workers by giving them access to all their case management information in one simple online portal. And we create systems that help Youth Services teams improve the way they support vulnerable young people.
Our products help care providers free up time and money so they can concentrate on what they do best: providing better care and delivering better outcomes. We call this Digital Care. Find out more at www.servelec.co.uk .
What will you get in return?
Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, professional membership fees paid and more!
At Servelec, we do not just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community.
Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply