Are you a DevOps Engineer looking for a new challenge in a business providing solutions to Local Government?
Who are we?
Servelec are passionate about improving lives. Like many of our customers, we want to feel that our work makes a positive difference. We are one of the UK’s leading Healthcare, Social Care and Education IT suppliers, providing meaningful solutions that are a critical part of delivering real and lasting change within the NHS and Local Government.
What will you be doing?
You will be working in our build and release team within an established organisation supporting a leading Social Care application based on Java J2EE on WebLogic. The DevOps team is responsible for ensuring our product releases are deployable and maintainable on internal environments, hosted customer environments and customers own hosting. The team produce installation and upgrade processes including tools and documentation and provide support for these internally and via our support team to customers. The team is also responsible for solutions architecture for the product set.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for a range of tools and environments. This includes the maintenance and improvement of our existing Continuous Integration infrastructure, provision of internal development and test environments, provision of internal support, sales and projects environments. The DevOps engineer will be responsible for the maintenance and improvement of our release installation tools, documentation and processes, including providing support and skills transfer to internal and external teams installing and maintaining our product set.
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Administration of our CI platform
- Improvements to our CI platform
- Administration of a cross platform build environment (Windows, Linux, Solaris)
- Automation of deployments to WebLogic 12c and Oracle/SQL Server
- Managing distributed build and test infrastructure
- Working with our support/professional service team to troubleshoot environment issues
- Support maintenance of our products by providing the necessary environments and release builds
- Create and manage environments for sales/demonstration/training systems
- Feedback opportunity’s to improve our build, release and deployment process
Experience and Work Achievements
- You will be degree educated or with experience in a similar role
- Motivated and interested in monitoring and learning new developments in your field
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Willing to engage/support colleagues and strike up debates
- Want to automate, simplify and bring efficiency to operations
- Proactive, with a strong sense of ownership
- Competent with Apache
- Competent with Oracle WebLogic 12c
- Competent with Oracle Database
- Competent with Microsoft SQL Server
- Competent with Microsoft Windows Server & Linux (any distribution)
- Basic knowledge of shell scripting (For example BASH, Windows Batch or Powershell)
- Competent understanding of GIT
- Knowledge/Understanding of CI platforms
- Understanding of SSH/Certificates/HTTPS
- Understanding of Load Balancing
- Understanding of Cloud Services
If this sounds like you then apply today!
What will you get in return?
A great office to work in, great people to work with as well as a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, childcare vouchers and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.