Are you a DevOps Engineer looking for a new challenge in a business providing solutions to the NHS and Local Government?
Job reference: HC.DEVO.19082019-2
Servelec? A gem of a company that not many people have heard of. Which is a massive shame because the chances are that you or someone you love will have been positively impacted by our software and leading tech. You just didn’t know it – until now.
Most also hadn’t heard our market leading software is the foundation that allows medical clinicians to spend more time with their patients, driving up standards in our beloved NHS. It streamlines services within our education sector, gives more time to social workers within their communities, and enables youth workers to work their magic with future generations.
We make powerful changes in the things that matter. It’s down to two things: our people and our technology.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for a range of tools and environments. This includes the maintenance and improvement of our existing Continuous Integration infrastructure, provision of internal development and test environments, provision of internal support, sales and projects environments. The DevOps engineer will be responsible for the maintenance and improvement of our release installation tools, documentation and processes, including providing support and skills transfer to internal and external teams installing and maintaining our product set.
- Administration and improving our CI platform
- Administration of a cross platform build environment (Windows Team City, Azure DevOps etc)
- Automation of deployments of our products
- Managing distributed build and test infrastructure
- Working with our support/professional service team to troubleshoot environment issues
- Support maintenance of our products by providing the necessary environments and release builds
- Create and manage environments for sales/demonstration/training systems
- Feedback opportunities to improve our build, release and deployment process
- Competent with IIS
- Competent with Monitoring tools, Splunk, Manage Engine Etc
- Competent with Microsoft SQL Server
- Competent with Microsoft Windows Server
- Competent with VMWare
- Basic knowledge of Powershell
- Competent understanding of GIT and/ Or SVN
- Knowledge/Understanding of CI platforms
- Understanding of SSL/TLS/Certificates/HTTPS
- Understanding of Load Balancing
- Understanding of Cloud Services
- C# Knowledge is desirable
- Extremely Desirable is knowledge of Octopus Deploy
If this sounds like you then apply today!
What will you get in return?
A great office to work in you can work at any of our locations, Sheffield, Norwich, Northwich, Edinburgh or Islington, great people to work with as well as a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, childcare vouchers and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply