Business Development Manager - Education
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our Education team.
Servelec are looking for people to join our dynamic company supporting a leading software product in the local government social care arena developed using the latest web and database technologies. This is a great opportunity to make a real difference in the social care domain, we are genuinely passionate about improving lives. Like many of our customers, we want to feel that our work makes a positive difference.
What will you be doing?
The Servelec Sales Team is responsible for direct sales of products and services into Local Government Social Care markets. Working closely with Development teams and Professional and Technical Services, the team is responsible for maximising sales, meeting defined sales targets and developing Servelec’s reputation as the partner of choice for software and technology related products and services.
The Business Development Manager (new business and demand generation) is a key role within the sales team. The Job holder is responsible for supporting in the creation of clearly defined customer propositions for the products and service offerings within the market, working with product managers, marketing, account managers, pre-sales and the bid team to ensure these offerings are effectively positioned in the marketplace to underpin sales and business development activity across all market sectors. The role is key in identifying market opportunities, potential demand for products, demand generation for new business (also supplementing the efforts of the internal sales and internal account managers generating demand and selling to the existing customer base), articulating the needs of the marketplace and providing critical input to grow sales pipeline and secure new business by working closely with Sales and Marketing.
What we will trust you to do;
- Building a clear understanding of the capabilities of each product / service offering
- Developing ROI arguments, benefit statements, key messages, etc for incorporation within sales collateral, presentations and campaigns
- Liaising with Marketing to ensure the content within all activity and collateral is relevant and compelling.
- Working with Marketing, Product Managers and Account Sales to lead on new business demand generation initiatives focusing on pre-engagement with Servelec sites
- Working with Field, Internal and Pre-Sales to ensure demo’s, presentations, proposals and bids are of a consistent, high quality, and are focused on real customer needs
- Delivering training / coaching to internal sales and pre-sales teams to improve the quality of sales messaging, demand generation, securing sales appointments and progressing opportunities through the pipeline
- *This role will require frequent travel
- To identify new market opportunities and plan, prepare and provide new business development cases/plans; building long term revenue and margin plans in line with Servelec
- To plan and implement new business demand generation initiatives (targeting new business non-Servelec sites as a priority) with the objective to establish substantive links and build relationships with customer sites prior to them going to market
- To contribute to the sales and marketing planning process to ensure all new business and account management activities and campaigns are effectively prioritised and aligned to key sales objectives in the business, market drivers and themes that present opportunities for Servelec
- Work with the Sales Director and Product Management to support the setting and maintaining of prices in order that margins are maximized (for the products)
- To work in support of the Product Managers to ensure that we continue to focus on the delivery of product solutions (product and services) that meet the timely needs of the marketplace
- To develop and maintain up to date and accurate arguments, benefit statements, key messages, product overviews, case studies, competitor analysis and other sales support documentation for incorporation within sales collateral and presentations
- To work closely with all members of the sales team to assist the delivery of annual sales targets and provide direct support in all aspects of the sales cycle
- To work with the wider sales team and specifically the pre-sales, field sales and bid teams, to maintain a team approach with unified objectives and strategies
- To work with customer groups and key external influencers to understand their current and future challenges and priorities, and identify how our products / services can address them in a compelling way
- To complete tender documentation and support bid writing, as required
- To attend and present where required at sales and marketing events
- To attend regular meetings with customers, representative groups, government departments and related organisations, as required
- To lead on specific opportunities through to deal close as required by agreement with the Sales Director
- To understand the key competitors in the marketplace, their products, pricing and sales strategies in order to ensure we maintain our competitive advantage
- To be flexible to take on a range of responsibilities and cover for Internal Sales and Field Sales staff
- To build and maintain a high level of credibility by keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in policy and market influences
- To ensure that Internal Sales and Account Managers are fully conversant with the full product portfolio and service offering (product and service positioning documents, key messages, benefits and differentiators) for their market sector and are open to cross-selling opportunities for other products and services.
- To work across teams to ensure all demo’s, presentations, proposals and bids are of a consistent, high quality, and are focused on real customer needs
- To create a strong customer focused team culture and continually strive to improve customer care by identifying and removing the causes of problems
- Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, professional membership fees, childcare vouchers and more
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation