Becoming a Business Analyst with Servelec
We are currently seeking experienced Business Analysts to be based out of our office in London or home based.
You will work with key stakeholders to review, analyse and evaluate working practices and customer needs, documenting clear requirements and acceptance criteria. Focused on solving customer problems, you will act as the key liaison between all technology teams, translating the business needs of customers into focused requirements.
What you will do:
- Gather information from multiple sources to understand customer requirement, identifying true customer needs, that in turn can be turned into focused user stories and acceptance criteria
- Use a range of techniques to elicit and communicate requirements to all key stakeholders – e.g. use cases, scenarios, is, flowcharts, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits and workflow analysis
- Focus on detailing customer problems and working with the wider Product and Development teams to understand “How / When” these problems can be solved
- Interpret customer needs and detail requirements, acting as the main conduit for Development, attending daily stand ups, sprint planning meetings and retrospectives, to ensure that delivery meets with the agreed acceptance criteria
- Work with the wider Product Management team to help to prioritize product backlog, define roadmap + release plans, understand dependencies to iterate and enhance the product offering
- Work with the wider Product Management team to implement and improve Product and Development processes to increase efficiency and improve working practices
- Act as the owner / team lead on specific functional projects, breaking requirements down into manageable phased deliverables and managing expectations on scope / delivery to all key stakeholders
Your experience will include
- A proven track record in Business Analysis within a software environment
- Experience of working with different Development methodologies (e.g. Agile / Waterfall)
- Great attention to detail and ability to break complex subjects down into simple /easy to understand use cases + acceptance criteria
- Ability to focus on Problem Solving – What is the problem we are trying to solve?
- Ability to engage with all key stakeholders and manage expectations of all
- Team Player with a focus on delivery
- Pro-active “can do” attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines
- Excellent communication skills – Make the complex, simple.
- Previous experience of working within a social care, and or public sector setting is highly desirable
- BCS qualification (or similar) is highly desirable but not essential
We are Servelec, and we believe in using technology to deliver better care.
We provide software across health, social care, education and youth services that makes a positive difference to thousands of lives every day.
We help medical practitioners care for patients by creating technology that saves time, reduces paperwork and minimises risks. Our education solutions help local authorities; schools and other providers support families more effectively. We help social workers by giving them access to all their case management information in one simple online portal. And we create systems that help Youth Services teams improve the way they support vulnerable young people.
Our products help care providers free up time and money so they can concentrate on what they do best: providing better care and delivering better outcomes. We call this Digital Care. Find out more at www.servelec.co.uk .
What will you get in return?
Our benefits include a competitive salary, flexible working, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, professional membership fees paid and more!
At Servelec, we do not just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community.
Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.