Business Analyst - 6 month contract
We are looking for 4 BA contractors, Business Analyst to join our busy office in Norwich for 6 months.
Who are we?
Would you like to work as part of a team involved in projects supporting products that really make a difference to peoples’ lives? Join us and become part of an exciting, forward thinking software company that makes a positive difference to thousands of lives every day.
At Servelec we’re united in our approach – we’re Together for Digital Care. The products, projects and marketing strategies you’ll work on will make a huge difference in the health, social care, education and youth services sectors. As part of a supportive team you’ll find we care about giving you the backing to develop a long and successful career with us.
What will you be doing?
- We are looking for a skilled professional to support the development of our products through liaising with customers, potential customers (pre-sales) and internal stakeholders
- It is expected that the successful candidate will be capable of supporting the Sales team
- The role will involve the creation of requirements specifications (with input from internal stakeholders and customers as required), and when complete can be handed over to the development team. The role is expected to remain involved during the development process in terms of validating that the correct functionality is being developed with excellent usability. Communication skills are paramount; both with the sales team, customers and development teams. Working within a newly forming product team, and with a roadmap incorporating digital and integration agendas, the role is an opportunity to influence the direction of the product during an exciting period of growth for the company
- Ensure that functionality proposed provides a strong user experience and meets the needs of a rapidly changing environment for customers to support the Company in delivering high quality products
Generate specifications through liaising with customers and internal teams to achieve realistic outcomes and, updating and agreeing the specifications
- Customer engagement through a combination of face to face and remote webex style workshops
- Understand the impact of developments on existing product functionality and standard business use of Servelec products by engaging with stakeholders
- Work with other Business Analysts to ensure their specifications and subsequent development does not adversely impact overall functionality or future development
- Ensure priorities are determined ready for commencement of development cycles
- Work with the product manager to develop product vision and goals
- Attend customer user group meetings and demonstrate the product.
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Extensive knowledge of education system requirements
- Working knowledge of different integration styles including file transfer, shared databases, remote procedure invocation and messaging
- Working knowledge of public facing web applications, usability standards and data security
- Significant experience in business analysis
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts
- Excellent communication, negotiation and written skills
- Ability to prioritise and self-manage
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Willing to travel including some overseas travel
- Strong customer focus
- Accurate, dynamic and tenacious
- Confident and proactive with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Willingness to engage directly with customers
- Good presentation skills
If this sounds like you then apply today!
What will you get in return?
A great office to work in and great people to work with.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.