Assistant Legal Officer
Would you like to work as part of a team that really make a difference to peoples’ lives? Join us and become part of an exciting, forward thinking software company that makes a positive difference to thousands of lives every day.
Job reference: HSC.ALO.07062019-1
The Assistant Legal Officer role provides support to the commercial team.
At Servelec we’re united in our approach – we’re Together for Digital Care. The products and projects you’ll work on will make a huge difference in the health, social care, education and youth services sectors. As part of a supportive team you’ll find we care about giving you the backing to develop a long and successful career with us.
What will you be doing in this role?
This role is focused upon assisting the Group’s legal team in the provision of commercial and contractual support to the Directors and Managers.
Following its acquisition by the Montagu Private Equity group in January 2018, the Group has been re-shaped to allow better focus on the growth of its core software businesses within the health care, social care and education sectors (and now the youth justice sector, following its acquisition of Careervision in December 2018). The Group is now uniquely placed to develop and provide integrated solutions to a public sector that is increasingly focussing on interoperability between its various systems and functions. Accordingly, the successful candidate is required to join the Group’s existing legal team and assist it with managing legal and commercial risks across a number of different sectors (both public and private) in what is a fast-paced working environment.
There are no set entry routes for this position of Assistant Legal Officer (“ALO”), but we anticipate either a graduate (preferably in law) or a paralegal with a good secondary education. Attention to detail, excellent literacy skills and good organisational skills are the key requirements for the ALO role.
How will you spend your time?
- Managing incoming requests to the legal team’s email account and ensuring distribution of new requests (that cannot be dealt with by the ALO him/herself) to the other members of the legal team
- Reviewing the commercial sections of lower value quotations and contract variations (as issued to customers) as well as providing information/responses for pre-qualification questionnaires. This requires efficient and proactive collaboration with internal parties to obtain information in respect of these
- Reviewing and drafting confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements
- Managing the legal team’s files and maintaining the contract database and various operational registers used by the legal team
- Assisting with contract queries from the business in relation to customer contracts
- Providing administrational support to colleagues in the team in the preparation and formatting of larger contracts
- Reviewing and amending acknowledgement letters for orders and contracts
- Drafting other correspondence from time to time
- Helping the legal team to ensure that contracting activities are carried out in accordance with legislation and the Group’s policies and procedures
- Assisting the other members of the Group’s legal team in other legal and compliance matters that affect the Group (including the Group’s insurance portfolio and its registrations with the Information Commissioner’s Office and the UK Intellectual Property Office)
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Basic knowledge of contract law is preferable
- Some drafting experience, particularly in terms of formal correspondence. Any drafting in respect of contractual terms would be an advantage
- Prior administrational experience is essential
- Well-organised with excellent administrational skills (including the ability to logically plan/prioritise a large workload and keep track of multiple deadlines)
- Excellent literacy skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to create, populate, update and format documents in MS Word and Excel. Experience of Sharepoint and Powerpoint would be helpful
- The ability to work closely and proactively with colleagues at various levels right across the Group
- Ability to understand and communicate key legal information effectively
- Self-motivated with good inter-personal skills
If this sounds like you then apply today!
What will you get in return?
You will be offered an environment where you can thrive, develop and progress. This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a role with a well-respected UK company, if you would like to share in our ongoing success, apply with your CV for immediate consideration.
Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply