Architect - Sheffield
We are looking for an Architect to join our busy office.
Who are we?
Servelec are passionate about improving lives. Like many of our customers, we want to feel that our work makes a positive difference. We are one of the UK’s leading Healthcare, Social Care and Education IT suppliers, providing meaningful solutions that are a critical part of delivering real and lasting change within the NHS and Local Government.
What will you be doing?
The architect role provides technical leadership and support to the development team, a point of escalation for technical issues across the business and defines the DevOps architecture for the Social Care business.
You will work with the Chief Architect with a primary aim of ensuring that solutions delivered are releasable, deployable and maintainable. The architect will also contribute to technical solutions that are implemented by the software engineering teams are robust, standardised and consistent with existing approaches.
This role focuses on the “how” we choose to engineer our software and toolsets rather than the “what”; however, there will be close working with Senior Engineers, Product Owners and Development Managers.
A pragmatic approach is required due to the diverse nature of our product sets, and the historic features that still exist across all major product offerings.
Secondary aims of the architect role is to provide technical input in the pre-sales and sales process, in specific, around the technical feasibility and approach to new solutions required for new business and to support the sales process with technical queries.
Technologies: Apache, Oracle WebLogic, Linux, Oracle Database, SQL Server, Windows Server, Java J2EE
- Own the Build, Release, Deploy process ensuring it is repeatable, documented and standardised.
- Provide leadership for system & technical architectural approaches within the business, supporting and guiding the implementation of pragmatic & modern techniques.
- Work with Product Owners to enable the delivery of new product ideas in the most effective way.
- Work with Development Managers (and their teams) within the business defining software architecture designs.
- Provide a point of technical escalation to the Development Team for complex issues.
- Provide a technical escalation point for internal teams.
What will help you succeed in this role?
- An excellent understanding of software systems architecture
- An excellent understanding of web based development procedures
- A good working knowledge of hardware design and physical architecture
- Experience of supervision of other technical staff, across a variety of roles
- University degree or equivalent
- Confident and pro-active with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills; spoken and written; able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Problem solver with pragmatic approach, identifying effective solutions to problems
- Ability to effectively prioritise own workload and help others manage theirs
- Ability to capture and understand the issues from technical and non-technical staff
- The ability to recognise the impact of decisions on ours and our customers businesses
- If this sounds like you then apply today!
What will you get in return?
A great office to work in, great people to work with as well as a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, professional fees and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply