Architect and DevOPs
Would you like to work as part of a team involved in Architecture & DevOps that really make a difference to peoples’ lives? Join us and become part of an exciting, forward thinking software company that makes a positive difference to thousands of lives every day.
Job reference: HC.ADO.03042019-1
The architect role provides technical leadership and support to the development team, provides an authoritative source on solutions architecture & DevOps and provides a point of escalation for technical issues across the business.
This role focuses on the “how” we choose to engineer our software and toolsets rather than the “what”; however, there will be close working with Senior Engineers, Product Owners and Development Managers.
At Servelec we’re united in our approach – we’re Together for Digital Care. The products and projects you’ll work on will make a huge difference in the health, social care, education and youth services sectors. As part of a supportive team you’ll find we care about giving you the backing to develop a long and successful career with us.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Provide leadership for system & architectural approaches within the business, supporting and guiding the implementation of solutions
- Work with Product Owners to enable the delivery of new product ideas in the most effective way
- Work with Development Managers (and their teams) within the business defining software architecture designs
- Provide a point of technical escalation to the Development Team for complex issues and other business areas
- Offer advice and guidance to other members of the team, and support them in achieving their goals and objectives
- Provide a technical escalation point for internal teams
- Development & Improvements to our CI platform
- Ownership of DevOps
- Responsible for the maintenance and improvement of our release installation tools, documentation and processes, including providing support and skills transfer to internal and external teams installing and maintaining our product set
What will help you succeed in this role?
- An excellent understanding of software systems architecture
- An excellent understanding of web-based development procedures
- A good working knowledge of hardware design and physical architecture
- Experience of supervision of other technical staff, across a variety of roles
- University degree or equivalent
- You will be degree educated or with experience in a similar role
If this sounds like you then apply today!
What will you get in return?
You will be offered an environment where you can thrive, develop and progress. This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a role with a well-respected UK company, if you would like to share in our ongoing success, apply with your CV for immediate consideration.
Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply