Application Support Consultant - Norwich
As a Second Line Application Support Consultant, you will assist trained users of Servelec Educations application suite, in order to troubleshoot application and database related incidents through to a satisfactory resolution.
With an ability to learn bespoke applications in order to analyse, diagnose and resolve issues, a strong logical and troubleshooting mind-set is required, with excellent time management skills allowing you to manage their own queue of customer incidents.
Technical knowledge would be a key benefit due to the complexities of the applications running from a shared SQL database and varying platforms, from hosted systems on Citrix and RDS, to locally hosted platforms running virtual operating systems. The incidents can often involve some level of environmental diagnosis, that directly affects the product suite. This can be via remotely accessing the customers system or running tests on local resources. This will culminate in the customer being made aware as to whether the incident is application, data or environment related, and therefore progressed accordingly. On occasion, the competence to self-teach will be required.
Governed by Service Level Agreements, the candidate will ensure all incidents are prioritised and maintained within specified time frames, during which, any relevant policies and procedures that exist under Servelec's ISO9001 and ISO27001 accreditations will be followed. The customer is to be informed of progress with clear and concise information at all times.
- Maintaining high levels of customer experience
- Prioritising and satisfactory resolution of customers queries according to SLA, escalating as necessary
- Recording accurate work logs within Servelec Education's Call Management System for incident progression and audit purposes
- Continual learning of ongoing product changes to allow for effective customer support Input into business discussions relating to operational advice and outstanding issues
- Contributing to team discussions on relevant issues and forward thinking
- On rare occasions, the role may involve travel
- University degree desirable but not essential, otherwise a good academic background
- Good interpersonal skills including strong verbal and written communication
- Strong problem solving skills with methodical and logical thinking
- Positive and enthusiastic approach
- Strong team ethic
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good time management and administrative skills
- Knowledge Microsoft SQL Server / Script Writing Awareness of IT infrastructures
- Good knowledge of Operating Systems and related key functionality
- IIS (desirable)
- .NET (desirable)
- Microsoft SharePoint (desirable)
- Networking (basic concepts)
- Working in a professional, fast-paced and flexible customer focused environment
- Supporting client and web based applications running from a SQL database
Servelec Education have been developing and providing client and web based software to the Children's Services sector for the last 25 years. Whilst continuing to expand the customer base, currently standing at around 100 local authorities, the product suite is continually enhanced to meet and exceed the needs of the customer.
In recent years, the business has grown into the Health and most recently Finance sectors, offering an even more diverse product portfolio.
Servelec Education continue to look for talented individuals to recruit into the expanding business and currently have availability within the Application Support department.
Recognising the skillset and talents of an Application Support Consultant, progression into other areas of the business is highly likely where the individual has shown the qualities and desire to succeed. Over time, Application Support Consultants have progressed into all areas of the business such as Technical Services, Professional Services, Development and Sales, as well as key management roles including Support, Development and Product Suite Managers.
Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, professional fees, childcare vouchers and more.
Equal Opportunities At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply