Account Manager - Social Care IT
Would you like to work as part of a team involved in working with our customers selling products that really make a difference to peoples’ lives? Join us and become part of an exciting, forward thinking software company that makes a positive difference to thousands of lives every day.
Job reference: SC.ACC.05032019-1
At Servelec we’re united in our approach – we’re Together for Digital Care. The products, projects and marketing strategies you’ll work on will make a huge difference in the health, social care, education and youth services sectors. As part of a supportive team you’ll find we care about giving you the backing to develop a long and successful career with us.
What will you be doing?
Servelec Social Care is responsible for direct sales of products and services into the Local Government. Working closely with Development, Professional and Technical Services teams. The Sales team is responsible for maximising sales, meeting defined sales targets and developing Servelec Social Care’s reputation as the partner of choice for software and technology related products and services. The Sales team works with internally based colleagues across Servelec to drive proactive campaigns and lead generation, forming the key commercial channel through which all sales activity is driven.
The Account Manager is responsible for account relationships, account management, delivery of the quota and particularly for developing new business opportunities within allocated accounts and will be targeted as such.
This role will require frequent travel.
To maximise the long-term business from Servelec Social Care’s customers by building relationships at all levels, ensuring a high level of customer retention and product penetration.
- To sell our products and services to existing customers to meet agreed targets
- To produce and manage an accurate pipeline and monthly forecast report and other reports required by the management team where appropriate
- To ensure that the territory achieves order intake and margin objectives for each product/solution line, maximising business from a defined territory and set of accounts
- To work closely with internal colleagues, driving through lead generation and appointment setting and ensuring business targets are met
- To develop strategic business opportunities at the highest levels with Servelec Social Care’s customers to deliver long term revenue
- To own and deliver a plan to ensure that targets for customer contact and account management activity are met and productivity is maximised minimising cost of sale
- To continually improve customer care and satisfaction ratings through the effective management of accounts and timely handling of customer complaints in conjunction with other teams in Servelec
- To attend exhibitions, user groups and conferences when required
- To build and maintain up to date knowledge of the Servelec solutions, products and services
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Minimum 2:1 undergraduate honours degree in a relevant subject. Or experience in solution selling within the Local Government
- Demonstrate excellent meeting control and qualification techniques
- Understanding of benefit statements and have strong Return on Investments impact statements
- The ability to influence customers to understand and buy into the benefits of the Servelec portfolio, and be able to qualify and quantify the impact of maintaining the status quo or pursuing competitor’s solutions
- Possess strong closing ability and commitment
- Takes ownership for own performance and takes feedback positively to develop and deliver the required performance
- Listens and shares their experience, knowledge and ideas to help develop self and team members
- Supportive of other team members and internal sales team
- Proven interpersonal skills; able to build and maintain effective collaborative relationships
- Thinks through costs and benefits of actions before taking them
- Relays information upwards that may impact the business
- Able to manage negotiations to a successful conclusion
- Has a deep knowledge of the customer’s business, current macro and micro-economic trends, Government trends and potential new business opportunities
- Is assertive and confident when dealing with customers
- Looks to solve problems with attention to Servelec and the customer
- Monitors own progression with complaints and escalates where appropriate
- Will take ownership for customer complaints referred to them
- Drive communication between the teams to motivate each other
- Contributes at team meetings positively
- Demonstrates essential interpersonal skills i.e. listening, clarity, well structured and articulate
- Confident presenter at all levels
- Has strong time management skills and able to multitask
- Prioritises workload appropriately and has high stress tolerance
- Plans ahead and manages diverse workload
- Has high productivity levels and personal motivation
- Understands the importance of accurate reporting
- Maintains up-to-date systems to produce accurate forecasts and projections
- Produces accurate and timely information in line with management requirements
- Has own ideas to improve process. Is self aware and takes ownership for personal development
- Supports team members in implementation of change
- Knowledge and experience of sales planning specifically with software products and services
- An understanding of the factors and issues affecting Local Government
- Sales and account management experience
- Confidence in the use of IT for business purposes
This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a role with a well-respected UK company where you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and OTE. If you would like to share in our ongoing success, apply with your CV for immediate consideration.
Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply