On launching the new version of Mosaic, Richard Betts, Managing Director - Local Government at Servelec said: “We know that the true value of our solutions lies in their ease of use, interoperability and ongoing development. We will continue to work closely with our local government customers to develop the solutions that you need in a manner that helps you do what you do best, care for others. We have an exciting roadmap in place for Mosaic and we are delivering on this.”
Further integration with health and hospital systems and Servelec’s Synergy education management system are among the new and improved features of Mosaic 5.17. Integration with third party health systems, including Orion and Graphnet, provide social care professionals dynamic, real-time access to health information through Mosaic, providing a connected view of a person and enabling more informed decisions. Social workers at local authorities who use both our Mosaic and Synergy software, will be able to see over 40 indicators from a child’s Synergy record in Mosaic enabling a fuller picture of the young person in question.
Through a collaborative approach with our customers, and an understanding of the features that free social workers up to deliver improved outcomes Servelec has made additional improvements to Mosaic with the following benefits:
- Reduced administrative burden and ensured GDPR compliance through improved security and information governance features
- Simplified recording of information against group cases
- Improved communications and streamlined processes through enhanced portal solutions
- A holistic, visual representation of a person’s relationships and network through new ecomap functionality, leading to more patient-centred care
- Improved user experience, flexibility and control over automation through a number of Finance Assessment enhancements
- Easy access to health and education information to enable better and more timely decisions, collaborative working and a better client experience
Thank you to the team at Dorset Council who have assisted with the beta testing of this release. Following completion of the testing, Ian Haywood, ICT Business Analyst at Dorset Council said:
“As users of Mosaic, Dorset Council was delighted to be asked to assist with the beta testing of the latest version of Mosaic. This is the best feedback process I have witnessed as a customer, with the team at Servelec responding to issues within 24 hours and an updated beta version provided within a week. This genuinely feels like partnership working and exciting for future developments."
Through regular, structured engagement with our customers Servelec will continue to enhance Mosaic and other local government products in line with customer requirements. To discuss the Mosaic roadmap and forthcoming releases in more detail, please contact your Account Director. If your authority currently uses a different system and you would like to find out more about how we are developing Mosaic to support social care teams in delivering improved outcomes for families, then please contact us today. Servelec designs software solutions to help you do what you do best – care for others. We call it Digital Care, and we’re by your side.