What is cloud computing?
Cloud computing has been around for a few decades but has seen significant growth over the past five years thanks to our increased need and use of data. Cloud computing allows multiple users to view data in real-time. Rather than run applications or programs from software downloaded on a physical computer or server, instead cloud-based software saves time and makes processes more efficient by allowing access to specialist applications and patient data securely via the internet.
The same Rio, but as a service
Rio is a future-proof electronic patient record which is already used by organisations responsible for providing Community, Children’s and Mental Health services across the UK and Ireland to deliver best of breed software to their teams. Servelec believe our software should be available to all, which is why we have launched Rio Cloud. The same comprehensive Rio software, but flexible and scalable enough for any size of organisations to take advantage of.
Why Rio Cloud?
Cloud software and SaaS applications (software as a service platforms) make working remotely and collaboratively easier and more accessible than ever. Rio Cloud increases efficiency, helps improve cash flow and offer many more benefits… Check out ten of the best below.
10 benefits of Cloud
1. Work from anywhere – Your team will be able to access Rio Cloud from anywhere with a compatible web browser and internet connection, giving them access to view and update patient care records wherever they are.
2. Prioritising patient safety – Information is shared securely in Rio via a web browser or mobile device and provides real-time patient information and alerts at the right time in the right place, enabling faster, safer decision-making at the point of care.
3. No infrastructure investment – With the only requirement to access the system being a web browser, there’s no need to spend time and resources building and maintaining an IT infrastructure.
4. Quicker to deploy – An instance is already available, and your system can be fully implemented from as little as 6-8 weeks, reducing both time and cost of on-boarding.
5. Avoids capital expenditure – Low-cost entry point means you do not need to budget for large amounts of capital expenditure on license costs giving you greater flexibility and choice.
6. Scalability – Quickly add additional functionality or user numbers as and when required.
7. Improved Support – Through pro-active “application” monitoring, Servelec’s specialist Cloud team will identify and resolve issues before you’re even aware there’s a problem.
8. No need to install software on multiple PCs – Installing software on individual PCs is no quick task. It can be time consuming, resulting in extended downtime, and team dissatisfaction. Not a problem when you switch to Rio Cloud.
9. Guaranteed level of service – Continuous monitoring and pro-active maintenance scheduling ensures you will receive optimal performance levels at all times, minimising disruption caused by upgrades and maintenance.
10. Patient’s data is still secure – Servelec has always made data protection and information security a central part of our business and is committed to high standards of information security, privacy and transparency. Our robust ISO-based Information Management System (ISMS) has managed data in accordance with the highest recognised standards including ISO27001 (for which we hold UKAS accredited certification), Cyber Essentials (CREST accredited certification) and Information Governance (IG) Toolkit, while also incorporating industry best practices like BS 10012 Data Protection.
Rio Cloud presents the best fit for both your short and longer-term needs. Servelec ensures your Rio system is always reliable, is simpler and easier to manage. Rio Cloud is secure and stable with a single point of contact should you have any issues.
It can be setup quickly and efficiently, is flexible for growth and more importantly, is extremely cost efficient. Rio Cloud provides best practice assessments, workflows, and care pathways for all care settings to enable you to do what you do best – care for others.
Get in touch below to find out more.